Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Letterpress Winter Snowflake Flip Card

I think that this card is my favorite of this batch of Christmas cards.  I just love the snowflakes in Letterpress Winter.  It takes a little bit of practice, but the snowflakes will line up perfectly with the snowflake shape on the card.  It helps a lot that this stamp set is photopolymer, and you can see right where you need to stamp.

I used all three snowflakes in the stamp set, stamping them randomly on the card background in Whisper White ink.  I then stamped the largest snowflake in the center using Lost Lagoon ink.  Lost Lagoon is gorgeous with Soft Sky, in case you can't tell from the picture!  I used the snowflake dies that come with the the card die to punch out one snowflake from silver Glimmer Paper, and the other from Lost Lagoon card stock.  I cut banners for the greeting from the same papers. 

I plan to play with this stamp set and color combination a lot more.  My little great-nieces are obsessed with Frozen, and I know they would go crazy if I could make a Frozen-like card and send it to them in the mail.  I can just hear the squeals now. :)

Supplies
Stamps:  Letterpress Winter, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon card stock, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot, Snowflake Card Thinlits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Paper Snips, Clear Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment