Friday, November 14, 2014

Wondrous Wreath

This card is another favorite, probably because of the woodgrain in the background.  Hardwood is by far my favorite background stamp!  For this card, I inked it with Crumb Cake and then stamped off before stamping the card.  It gives a very subtle woodgrain that doesn't detract from the main focal point, the wreath.  And speaking of the wreath, can I just say how much I love the wreath bundle of stamps and framelits?  There is a little tab on all the layers of stamp AND on the framelits.  It makes perfectly lining up everything a piece of cake!

For this card, I used Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler.  I love these three colors together.  The wreath is topped of with a simple bow made of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon.  If you wanted to jazz up the wreath a bit, you could add a dot of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on each berry. 

This card could be made in more color combinations than I can count.  I like the traditional Christmas colors, but this same card would be gorgeous in just about any color combination.  Give it a try! 

Supplies
Stamps:  Wondrous Wreath, Good Greetings, Hardwood
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Naturals White, Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. I might need to get this, April! Any chance of it going on sale?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is going to be some kind of sale next week, but I have no idea about the details or if this would be included. How great would that be, though? :)

    ReplyDelete