Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Frost Circle Flip Cards


As I mentioned last week, I'll have a bazillion kids coming to my house this week to make all kinds of fun Christmas gifts.  These cards are one of the items they'll be making.  I didn't have enough supplies for all the kids to make the same thing, so half will be making the top one, and the other half will be making the bottom one.

Tips & Tricks
  • These cards both use non-traditional Christmas colors, but I love them both.  I guess they are more of a winter look than a Christmas look, but a simple "Merry Christmas" on the front conveys the message. :)  Don't be afraid to use colors other than red and green!  It's good to think out of the box, but also nice that Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Papers help you do that.  I was really surprised to discover that the gray card is one of my favorites this year.
  • I mentioned on Friday how stamping tone-on-tone adds just the right amount of interest to one of the panels on a flip card.  Well, embossing does the same thing!  I put the extra flap on the right into the Northern Flurry embossing folder and fell in love with the look.  It's subtle, but perfect.  

Supplies
Stamps:  Christmas Punch (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Silver Encore Ink and Basic Gray Classic Ink
Paper:  Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, and Whisper White card stock, Winter Frost DSP Stack
Accessories:  Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlits, Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

So, which card is your favorite?  Do you make Christmas cards that aren't red and green?

No comments:

Post a Comment