Friday, December 27, 2013

Pop-Up Gift Card Holder

I know, I know, Christmas is over.  I hope yours was wonderful.  Mine is always bittersweet, as I love watching my kids on Christmas morning, but miss the rest of my family, who are all in another state.  This year was especially hard, as my grandparents, who both passed away earlier this year, would have celebrated their 71st wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve.  It's always tough to be away from that part of my family, but especially so this year. 

Anyway, even though Christmas is over, I wanted to show one more project I made for this season.  This may just look like somewhat boring card, but when you open it....
...SURPRISE!  It's a gift card holder!  This is a very easy project, found on Splitcoast Stampers, and a very fun way to make a gift card a little more exciting.  Can you tell I don't like to give gift cards?  I sure do enjoy receiving them, though!  This looks complicated but is surprisingly easy to make, and could be made for any occasion.  It's also a great way to use up scraps of old Designer Series Paper.  Not that I hoard it or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment