Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Joyful Christmas Gold Embossed Card

This card is so different than my typical style, but I was so pleased with how it came out.  I've been dusting off some of my old retired stamp sets that haven't seen a lot of ink lately, and it's been so much fun.  I love the look that the Musical Score background stamp gives to cards.  I would normally look at that stamp and think it had to be stamped in black on white or vanilla card stock.  But I thought just a tiny bit out of the box and embossed it with gold on black card stock, and the look is stunning.  In fact, I went a little crazy with the gold embossing on this card, but I don't think it would look as good if I hadn't carried the embossing throughout the entire card.  I love this card so much that I'm going to make a few more to send to the music lovers on my Christmas card list!

Stamps:  Joyful Christmas, Musical Score (retired), Christmas Punch (retired)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, and Always Artichoke card stock
Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Snips, Decorative Label Punch, Crochet Ribbon, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment