Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Joyful Christmas Vellum Card

This is another card I made using Joyful Christmas.  This time I went with a more traditional Christmas look, pairing Cherry Cobbler with Old Olive.  I love that combination for Christmas!  What makes this card more interesting is that the poinsettia is stamped, then embossed, on vellum.  I used the very old (and long retired) vellum paper, rather than the thicker vellum card stock that Stampin' Up! now sells.  I much prefer the vellum card stock, because it's thicker.  However, I think the thinness of the vellum paper is what made the flower petals curl up like they did.  I'm not sure if the thicker vellum would give the same effect.  I used a sponge dauber and inked the front of the leaves and petals for a beautiful look.

The Most Important Tip
  • Make sure your ink pad is well inked before stamping!  Ugh, I wish that greeting looked a lot better than it does.  That's a rookie mistake that this very experienced stamper made.  Oh well, now you know not to make the same one! :)
Supplies
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive, VersaMark
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler and Naturals White card stock, Vellum card stock
Accessories:  Heat Tool, White embossing powder, Old Olive taffeta ribbon, sticky strip, Big Shot, Pretty Print embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment