Monday, December 2, 2013

Scentsational Season of Style Christmas Card

Do you like that title?  It's like one of those Jeopardy categories where they mash two phrases together, although for the life of me, I can't remember what that category is called.  For this card, I combined the retired stamp set Scentsational Season with the Season of Style Designer Series Paper.  I've already admitted that I'm a tad obsessed with making these flip cards...I can't help myself, they're so fun!  I'll also admit that a lot of my cards this month will be using some retired products.  That's a bummer for those of you looking for fun new stamps and tools to add to your collection, but a bonus for those who are looking for ways to use the things that have collected a bit of dust in recent months (or years).  It just seems a shame to me to use only current products when I have so many fun things sitting on my shelf!

One of those items is Scentsational Season, which in my opinion, was the cutest Christmas stamp set that Stampin' Up! sold last year.  I can't believe they retired it.  One of my most viewed and pinned cards of all time uses this set, which obviously proves that lots of people love this set as much as I do! :)

Tips & Tricks
  • I only make flip cards with the extra flap on the right side...it just makes sense to give yourself a bit more room to write and not to waste card stock.  Cut your card stock 5 3/8" x 8 1/2" and let the right side stick out on top of the Circle Card Thinlits Die.  This will give you a nice score line instead of cutting the card stock.
  • For a fun look, stick that extra flap into an embossing folder and run it through your Big Shot.  It adds a bit of interest without using more paper!
  • Remember all the scented embossing powder that was available last year?  I have tons of it, and it is fun to use, since it makes my stamp space smell so yummy!  Did you know that you can combine colored embossing powder with the clear scented powder?  Play around with amounts to see what you like...the gingerbread man shown here was embossed using equal parts of Early Espresso and Sugar & Spice Scented embossing powders.



No comments:

Post a Comment