Friday, December 6, 2013

Label Thinlits Christmas Card

Next week I'll be holding several Christmas classes for kids.  It's always fun, but totally crazy. CRAZY.  I like to have the kids make beautiful projects that they can be super proud to give to their family.  The trick, however, is keeping things simple, so they can actually make them. 

This is one of the cards we'll be making.  I don't think it would matter one bit what was on this card, because the flipping feature is going to be all it takes to make the kids love this card.  But I won't love it unless there's a little bit more going on.  I used up some old Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper on this...I have so many scraps of this left over from a project I did with a huge group of people a couple of years ago.  I'm not sure I will ever run out. :)

Tips & Tricks
  • It's barely visible in the picture, but there is a subtle like of pine boughs that run up the left side of the card.  To add a little bit of subtle interest, consider a tone on tone look.  I used Real Red ink on the Real Red card stock, and it is just the right amount to add interest without overpowering the rest of the card.
  • The sentiment on this card is a very old set.  But it fit perfectly with this card, and I thought that the water coloring would be fun for the kids.  I didn't want to stamp with StazOn black ink, so I embossed with Early Espresso instead.  I like the look of the brown, but especially love that the embossing creates a wall of sorts to keep the water coloring where it's supposed to be.

Supplies

Stamps:  Gingerbread Christmas (retired), and Pine Bough Wheel (retired)
Ink:  Real Red Ink Cartridge, Garden Green Classic Ink and VersaMark
Paper:  Real Red and Naturals Ivory card stock, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP (retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Label Card Thinlits, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainters, Stampin' Around Wheel Handle

No comments:

Post a Comment