Friday, September 13, 2013

Gently Falling

After a few days of hot and humid weather, it's finally starting to feel like fall around here.  So what better card for today than one that looks like fall!  I grew up in the woods amidst sugar maple trees, which turn the most gorgeous, brilliant color of orange-red.  This card sort of makes me think of those trees that line the country road leading to my house.

Tips & Tricks

  • Want the woodgrain to stand out more when using Woodgrain Embossing Folder?  Rub the ink pad of the same color over the embossed card stock.  The ink will only stick to the embossed design and will make it pop.
  • When using the Gently Falling stamp set, which is a two-step stamp, I always stamp off once before stamping the "inside" of the leaf.  I only do this with this set, and I really like the more subtle look it gives these leaves!

Supplies

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede, and Cajun Craze
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Neutral Designer Buttons, Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment