Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gently Falling


I'm not sure what it's like where you live, but this is the perfect card today.  I have the window open to let in the (very) crisp air, just heard the school bus drive by for the first time, and there's a cup of tea steeping in my kitchen.  It feels like fall today.  I LOVE fall...it's my favorite season.  And I love leaves, because leaves mean fall to me.  So on this first fallish day, a card with leaves is the perfect thing!

Tips & Tricks
  • Ruffled ribbon is beautiful, but ruffled crochet trim makes it tricky to when trying to adhere those leaves.  Use a double layer of Stampin' Dimensionals on either side of the crochet trim to make the leaves stick
  • Two-step stamps can be frustrating to line up.  Clear mount stamps are a great solution, as the clear block makes it easy to see the first step.  If you're not a clear mount fan, use the Stamp-a-ma-jig!  Or better yet, don't sweat it...there's not need for perfection with these leaves, especially if cutting them out!

Supplies

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Soft Suded and Tangerine Tango Classic Ink
Paper:  Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper, Naturals Ivory,  Soft Suede, and Crushed Curry card stock
Accessories:  Scallop Oval and Large Oval punches, Pearl Basic Jewels, Crochet Trim, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimentionals


No comments:

Post a Comment