Monday, June 17, 2013

My Stampin' Space {Before}

I thought it would be fun to give a peek at my stampin' space, which is a little corner of my basement.  Today seemed like a good day, because there have been countless things that have either kept me from stamping new things, or have sucked all creativity from me.  One of the things keeping me from stamping is a super messy space.  I'm talking so messy that I can barely get to my chair.  Unfortunately, all those other things that are keeping me from stamping are also preventing me from having the time to clean.  So I thought a little before and after might be fun.  Some people (who clearly don't know me that well) seem to think that I have my act completely together.  That's hilarious just to type.  I present to you the undeniable proof to the contrary:

Nice, yes?  Ha!  There is so much going on here that you don't even know which disaster to look at first.  But it gets worse...just look at my desk:

That tiny little space in front is all that is left of my actual desk area.  Now, I don't generally have a pristine desk, because I like to have the tools I'm using close to me, and my clutter is usually organized, at least in the sense that I know where things are.  But this...wow.  I'm not even sure I could fit a card on there, let alone create one!  I guess if I removed the remote I could. :)  And trust me, I have no clue where anything is.  I'm hoping that somewhere on that pile is the Father's Day card I bought for my husband. (Gasp...yes, I bought a card.  It was a Duck Dynasty one...I knew he'd love it and I couldn't make one of those.  I've bought maybe five cards in the last decade.  Sometimes it's just necessary.) 

So why on earth would I show you this nightmare?  Well, for two reasons.  One, I don't have a card to show you. :)  And two, I thought it would be good motivation to finally get that corner cleaned up!  I'll be back tomorrow or Wednesday with the after shots, and I'll take you on a little tour so you can see how I organize my stuff.  And considering I've been stamping for 17 years, there's a lot of stuff!  A LOT. 


No comments:

Post a Comment