Monday, June 24, 2013

Club Cards

Did I really forget to post on Friday?  Oh my.  I'm going to blame that one last time on the chaos that has been my life for the past four weeks and the switch to a summer schedule.  Or lack of one.

I thought it would be fun to show you some cards from this month's club.  My friend Kelly and I share this club, and it was her turn to demonstrate.  I just got to go and stamp, which is always lots of fun.  The cards were beautiful, and almost made me want to go to the beach.  Almost.  I'm not really a beach person.  I'd take a camping trip in the mountains any day over going to the beach.  I know, I'm very much in the minority, even in my own family.  But I'm also the one who fries to a crisp the second I get in the sunshine, so going to the beach always results in me looking like a lobster, no matter how high the SPF or how many times I reapply.  For crying out loud...I got a sunburn while sitting in the shade at the pool on Friday.  For real.

Anyway, you came here to see pretty cards, not to hear about my super white skin.  Well, super red skin now.  Here you go:

This one uses By the Tide, a set that I really like, but don't own.  It was fun to get to play with it.  Also, take note of the button...that's Baked Brown Sugar and was made with the new clay.

This card was done using ink and sponges.  And I'm not going to lie, I botched this one pretty badly.  The sun doesn't even come close to resembling a circle.  Fortunately, I was able to hide most of the problem with the shell.  And let's not talk about my inability to make the sky.  Trust me when I say that Kelly's samples looked MUCH better. 

I'll be back later this week with pictures of my cleaned up stampin' space.  I'm still cleaning it up...wow, that has been a job.  And there are lots of pictures, so I may even split it into two separate posts and give you a tour of my corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment