Monday, April 28, 2014

So Sorry Circle Flip Card


I wasn't going to show this card for a while, but since it's loaded with retiring products, I thought that sooner was better than later!  Unfortunately, Summer Starfruit card stock is no longer available.  Trust me, I'm as sad about that as you are! I may try to post this same card in different colors later this week.  Other retiring items include the So Sorry stamp set and the ribbon.

Tips & Tricks

  • Did you know you can make a really cool linen look with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set?  How great is that?  I love that set, for so many reasons, and now I have one more!  Just randomly stamp in two directions until you're satisfied with the look.  I used Summer Starfruit ink and card stock for a tone on tone look, and it's just perfect.
  • Someone recently asked me how I know when to punch first and when to stamp first.  A lot of it is just kind of learned behavior that comes with lots of practice.  But a good rule of thumb is that if something needs to be centered, stamp then punch.  So in the case of the circle in the middle, I stamped the "So Sorry" then punched, and then stamped the flowers.  I could have stamped those before punching, but doing it after allowed me to better see the placement of the image, and I was much happier with it that way.

Supplies

Stamps:  So Sorry, Just Believe (retired), Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Summer Starfruit, Smokey Slate, Night of Navy
Paper:  Summer Starfruit and Very Vanilla card stock, Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper (retired)
Accessories:  Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlits, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment