Friday, April 11, 2014

Scallop Tag Topper Punch Treat Holder

I'm not sure about you, but I hadn't really realized how close Easter was.  Which is pretty pathetic, considering how late it is this year.  So even though my Easter decorations are still in my attic, I thought it would be fun to make a little Easter project.  This is a treat holder that is perfect to give as a gift, and would be easy to make multiples of. 

Tips & Tricks

  • I love the new Tag Topper Punches, because they are so easy to use.  I just cut a 2" strip of card stock along the 8 1/2" side.  The best part about this project is that you don't have to have precise measurements for the length.  This would have still worked out great had I made a shorter strip.  It's a great way to use up your scraps!  I punched both ends of the strip.
  • Get out your Simply Scored Scoring Tool and score twice...I scored about 3" in from each end.  I say about because I counted wrong from one end.  I recommend turning your piece after the first score, so that you are sure you are using the same measurement for both sides. :)
  • Once you have punched and score, just embellish!  And don't forget to tuck a little bag of jelly beans or other treats inside!

Supplies

Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, and Crushed Curry
Paper:  Strawberry Slush and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  1 1/4", 1", and 3/4" Circle Punches, Coastal Cabana Ruffled Trim, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Whisper White Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment