Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Betsy's Blossoms Birthday Card {Retiring Products}

On Monday Stampin' Up! released the Retiring Products Lists, and wow, were there some surprising things on that list!  I can't even believe how many Big Shot dies and embossing folders are retiring.  That's a hard one for me to take.  But I'm glad I have many of them, and can just keep on using them.

I'm also sad about Betsy's Blossoms being on the list.  I've always liked this set, and it was one of the first ones I bought the year it came out.  I love the big flower in the set, and don't use the little ones enough.  But I think they work perfectly  with the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper (also retiring), and was really pleased with how this card turned out. 

Tips & Tricks

  • If I wanted to take this card up a notch, I would put some buttons in the center of the flowers.  I happen to have some old retired buttons in coordinating colors, but if I didn't, I could make them using the Simply Pressed Clay and Button Mold.  That's something that's NOT retiring!
Supplies

Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Sincere Salutations
Ink:  Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz card stock, Gingham Garden DSP
Accessories:  Melon Mambo ribbon (retired), Decorative Label Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment