Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Under the Stars

I realize that this card uses a retired set, but it's one that I will never get rid of.  I love camping sets, which Under the Stars is, but the bear in this set is also really fun.  (Although I hope I never see a bear when I'm camping.)  A little paper piecing is what really makes this bear pop.  And speaking of popping, his head is attached with a Stampin' Dimensional, which not only makes his head pop up, but allows the linen thread to appear as though it's hanging around his shoulders.  

But wait, this card has another fun technique!  I adhered the polka dots to the Pumpkin Pie card stock, then ran the whole thing through my Big Shot and the Square Lattice embossing folder.  It kind of embeds the dots into the background and gives it a really cool look.  And those eyelets...don't you miss those?  I wish they were still around.  I think I used those more than any other embellishment ever.  Sigh....

Stamps:  Under the Stars
Ink:  Pacific Point and Basic Black Classic Ink
Paper:  Pacific Point, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, 1/2" circle punch, linen thread, eyelets (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment