Monday, August 12, 2013

Gorgeous Grunge

Oops...I though that I had everything set so that this card would post while I was away on vacation, but somehow I messed up!  Oh well, I'll share it now instead!

This was my second attempt at a card using Gorgeous Grunge and Yippee-Skippee together.  I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the splatter stamps, but I just love them, and couldn't help myself!  This card uses two of the splatters in the set.  One of my most used stamp sets of all time is Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and the splatter was definitely my favorite.  But I think this set is going to be a better replacement, since the splatters are big, not itty bitty!  I used them on the background and on the butterflies, just to give the punched card stock a little bit of interest.  I then popped the butterflies up a bit using glue dots.  It's a great way to make an image stand out a bit more subtly than it would when using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge and Yippee-Skippee
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Tangerine Tango, Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, and Going Gray
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Tangerine Tango, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Naturals White
Accessories:  Elegant Butterfly punch, Bitty Butterfly punch, glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment