Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cardmaking for Kids, Part 1




Tomorrow I'm holding a cardmaking class for kids.  I've already done one this summer, and it was a lot of fun.  Of course having great kids attend is probably what made it so much fun for me. This time I'll have twice the number, so things should be interesting!  But my own kiddos have promised to be my helpers, so what could possibly go wrong? (ahem)

Anyway, I thought I'd show off the cards we'll be making together.  I have three goals when doing a class with kids: (1) make it fun, (2) keep it simple, and (3) use up as much retired product as possible!  So while many of the projects I'll be showing are made with retired goodies, they can easily be reproduced using current items and colors.

This card uses Gorgeous Grunge, one of my new favorites.  Since my class is full of tween girls, I knew I couldn't go wrong with rainbows.  This one is super simple, as it's the same stamp in six different colors.  I dug out one of my favorite retired sentiment sets, Simple Sayings II (I don't have Simple Sayings I...I wonder why?  I must not have liked that one!)  Honestly, it took me longer to pick the colors than it did to actually make this one. 

Supplies
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Simple Sayings II
Ink:  Read Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun (retired), Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue (retired...sniff!), and Lovely Lilac (retired)
Paper:  Whisper White and Lovely Lilac (retired) card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment