Monday, December 17, 2012

Gingerbread Baby


Gingerbread Baby is one of my kids' favorite books to read at this time of year, and this card reminds me of the little guy in the story.  This was one of the cards we made at the last Christmas Stamp-a-Stack.  I love the scented embossing powders that are in the Holiday Catalog, but I also wanted the easy of using the Early Espresso powder to get the brown color.  Did you know that you can combine the two to get scented, colored embossing powder?  I mixed a little bit of the sugar and spice embossing powder with the Early Espresso powder and it worked great (and smelled great, too!)

I love the Be of Good Cheer DSP, and I think the pattern shown here is my favorite one in the pack.  The Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations card stock was a perfect pairing with it, and did you know that you can stop ON the 7/8" cotton ribbon from the Holiday Catalog?  You totally can, and snipping the notch in the banner is so much easier than doing it on paper!

I have to say, this card is one of my favorites, and a few lucky people on my Christmas card list will even get this one in the mail. :)

Stamps:  Scentsational Season, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  VersaMark, Cherry Cobbler Classic ink
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, and Core'dinations Cherry Cobbler card stock, Be of Good Cheer DSP
Accessories:  Snowburst embossing folder (retired), Big Shot, 7/8" Cotton Ribbon, Scallop Circle punch, Holiday Collection Framelits, heat tool, Sugar & Spice embossing powder, Early Espresso Embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment