Wednesday, December 5, 2012

An Ornament Ornament

Every year, my sister-in-law asks me to plan an ornament for us to make on Thanksgiving.  And every year, we forget to make it.  I bring all the stuff to make it, leave it in the car, forget about it, and then (because we leave right from their house) proceed to cart all the supplies to my dad's house in another state.

This is this year's ornament that wasn't to be.  I have tons of scraps of various Christmas DSP left over, so this is the perfect project for that.  I cut a strip measuring 12" x 1 1/2" and then score it at every 1/4", accordion folding it along the score lines.  A bit of sticky strip hold the two ends together, as well as keeps the scallop circles attached to both the front and back.  Be sure to stick the ribbon in between those layers!  I topped it off with an embossed ornament from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (and matching Framelits!)  The finishing touch is the little Merry Christmas banner, complete with rhinestones at either end.  A great way to use up some scraps!

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink:  Versamark, Wild Wasabi
Accessories:  Simply Scored, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Rhinestones


No comments:

Post a Comment