Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Quilted Gingerbread Christmas

I'm all about simple Christmas cards this week.  And while this one makes use of some retired Designer Series Paper I had in my stash, any paper could be used to make this card.  It really is a great way to use up some scraps!

To make this card, I simply punched out six different patterns of DSP with my square punch.  I adhered them to a piece of Garden Green card stock, then ran it through my Big Shot using the Argyle embossing folder.  I also love the now-retired Square Lattice embossing folder, but when I made this card, I wanted to use something current.  While nothing gives a quilted look the way the Square Lattice folder does, the good news is that the Argyle folder is a great alternative.

I used an old (but much loved!) stamp set called Gingerbread Christmas, and colored in the image with Aquapainters and ink.  I punched it out with the Decorative Label punch, added some seam binding ribbon, and that's it!  I did offset the quilted piece intentionally, but as I study the picture, I think it might look better if it's centered.  If you try it that way, I'd love to see a picture!

Supplies
Stamps:  Gingerbread Christmas (retired)
Ink:  Garden Green and Real Red ink, StazOn Jet Black ink
Paper:  Real Red, Garden Green, and Naturals Ivory card stock, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Argyle embossing folder, Decorative Label punch, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Love this quilted look! I get excited any time I see little squares of patterned paper! :)

    ReplyDelete