Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Bright & Beautiful Shaker Card

Oh my goodness...in all the busyness of the season, I keep forgetting to post this card!  This is a really fun shaker card that makes use of the beautiful blues in the All is Calm Designer Series Paper.

I've never made a shaker card before, but I'm hooked.  It is so easy.  I can't wait to make more!

Tips & Tricks

  • To make this shaker card, I stamped the medium star from Bright & Beautiful, then cut it out with the coordinating Stars Framellits.  
  • Next, I punched a circle in the center of the star.  
  • I then cut out a larger circle in whisper white and stamped the smallest star in Lost Lagoon. 
  • I also cut out a larger circle from a piece of Window Sheet.
  • Adhere the Window Sheet to the back of the star, and set aside to dry.
  • Then, take one of the foam circles from the Shaker Frames, and adhere it to the Whisper White circle.  These are great, because you'll get six sets of foam circles in different sizes to make tons of shaker cards!  Think Stampin' Dimensionals, only in circle form.
  • Before you remove the backing off the top of the Shaker Frames, put some glitter or other filler into the circle.  I just used glitter, but if you have the Star Confetti Punch, you could punch some little stars in different colors and put those in.  Or, do a combination of both!
  • Remove the adhesive backing, and set the large star on top of the Whisper White/Shaker Frames piece.  
  • That's is, now you have the hardest part done!  And it wasn't even that hard!
  • To finish this card, I placed some Soft Sky card stock and All is Calm DSP on the front of a Lost Lagoon card base.  I tied a piece of Soft Sky Seam Binding Ribbon where the two papers meet, stamped "Merry Christmas" at the bottom, and then adhered my star to the front.

If you haven't made a shaker card, what are you waiting for?  Don't wait as long as I did...these are so fun!

Supplies
Stamps:  Bright & Beautiful, Good Greatings
Ink:  Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, and Whisper White card stock, All is Calm DSP, Window Sheets
Accessories:  Big Shot, Stars Framelits, 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches,  glitter

1 comment: