Friday, January 31, 2014

Woodgrain Birthday

I'm so excited for tonight!  I'll have a house full of people making birthday cards with me this evening!  I was sick last week and was so disappointed that I had to cancel the birthday card event I had planned for last Friday night.  Fortunately, everyone was so kind and understanding...and able to reschedule.  This is one of the cards we'll be making, and I think it's perfect for a masculine card.

Tips & Tricks

  • It's no secret that I love Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock AND the woodgrain embossing folder, especially when they're used together.  And I do like to lightly sand the embossed card stock to really make the woodgrain pop.  It's important to GENTLY sand with the grain, rather than across it, or the card stock will tear.
  • Some light distressing adds the perfect touch to this woodgrain card.  I simply sponged a bit of Crumb Cake ink around the edge of the center piece.
Supplies

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude (retired), Best Dad Ever (retired), Woodgrain
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, and Crushed Curry Classic Ink
Paper:  Crumb Cake and Naturals Ivory card stock, Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock
Accessories:   Big Shot, Label Card Thinlit Die, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Paper Snips, Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment