Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chalk Talk Tag Card

Today's card is another one that was inspired by projects in the Annual Catalog.  There is a card on page 77 that I've loved since I first saw the catalog.  I loved the three tags and how the images overlapped on them.  Since I don't own the stamp set showcased on that card, I needed to take this card in a different direction.  I kept with the three tags, but that was pretty much where the similarities end.

Tips & Tricks

  • When I make a card, texture is a must.  I like having multiple textures, although one shouldn't over power the others.  I added subtle texture to the tags by first cutting them out with the Chalk Talk Framelits and my Big Shot, then running them through again using the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.
  • One of the things I love most about Stampin' Up!'s products is that so many of them coordinate.  The Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder works perfectly with the Mosaic Madness Stamp Set, which of course pairs beautifully with the Mosaic Punch.  This makes throwing a card together so easy, as everything works together so well.
  • Try dyeing...Baker's Twine, that is.  Simply run Whisper White Baker's Twine over any ink pad, and press down with a sponge dauber.  The twine takes on the ink, and is dyed to match your project.  I used Smokey Slate here.  This technique can also be used with any white or neutral ribbon.  
Supplies

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Mosaic Madness
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Smokey Slate, and So Saffron Classic Ink
Paper: Naturals White, Coastal Cabana, Smokey Slate, and So Saffron card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Chalk Talk Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Sponge Dauber, Mosaic Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Rhinestones Basic Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment