Saturday, January 18, 2014

Gorgeous Grunge Valentine

I can't believe I forgot to post this on Friday!  What can I say, it was a busy day.  But now I have something on a Saturday, which is kind of a fun change. 

As I mentioned before, I've been having fun making Valentine cards, and this one is definitely my kids' favorite. I think it might be mine, too.

Tips & Tricks
  • I love this layout, as it's so versatile.  If it looks familiar, it's probably because you've seen it before here.  Two very different cards, using the same layout (and even some of the same elements, like washi tape!)  Don't be afraid to CASE your own cards!
  • Vellum can be tricky, because it's transparent.  That means that your adhesive is going to show through.  I've found that just a dot of the Tombo Multipurpose Glue, or even a glue dot are the best adhesives to use.  I used the glue on the lower vellum heart here, and it's barely visible.  For the higher heart, I just tucked it behind another heart, which is where I hid my adhesive. 

Supplies

Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Tiny Tags (retired)
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette, and Naturals White card stock, Vellum
Accessories:  Big Shot, Fashionable Hearts Embosslits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape, Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment