Friday, January 24, 2014

Create A Cupcake

This is a VERY simple birthday card that takes five minutes or less to make.  But simple doesn't mean that it can't be cute.  What I love about this is how it can be customized to the recipient by simply changing the colors.  This card is a piece of cake...or cupcake...to make!

Tips & Tricks

  • To get the perfect square shape, I first made a template with a piece of card stock and my Squares Collection Framelits.  Next, I used a sponge dauber and my retired (boohoo) pastels.  Don't worry if you don't have pastels...you can get a very similar look by just using an ink pad.  Push the pastel/ink covered dauber around in the hole until the square is filled in.  When you pull away the template you'll have a cute little square on the front of your card!
  • Less is more on this card...I only used three colors (plus white) and everything is tied together perfectly (especially since I used Cajun Craze for both the square and the ribbon on the cupcake!)

Supplies

Stamps:  Create a Cupcake
Ink:  Marina Mist and Cajun Craze Classic Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper:  Naturals White card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Squares Collection Framelits, Cupcake Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Pastels (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment