Monday, February 25, 2013

Oh Hello Chalkboard

If you spend any time on Pinterest, you know that chalkboards are really trendy right now.  I've wanted to make a chalkboard card for a while, and finally sat down to play this weekend.  This is a very simple card, but it turned out almost exactly how I had envisioned it in my head.  I love it when that happens.

To give it that chalkboard look, simply smudge a bit of Whisper White craft ink in a few random spots on a piece of Basic Black card stock.  I used a little piece of flannel, but a sponge dauber would probably work great!  The sentiment is embossed with Whisper White embossing powder.  So simple...I think this is going to be a card we make at club next month!

Also, I'm loving this color combination.  I have been in such a rut and not feeling very creative lately.  I've also found myself gravitating toward my old standby color combinations and knew I needed some variety.  I sat down and looked through the catalog to find some combos that jumped out at me.  This was one of them (see page 35).  It actually also had Old Olive with it, but it just didn't look right to me on this card, so I left it out.  I only made it half way through the catalog and have a pretty big list of different color combinations to try out.  Check back to see what one I pick next. :)

Stamps:  Pennant Parade (122740), Oh Hello (130730)
Ink:  Whisper White craft ink (101731)
Paper:  Summer Starfruit (12639), Pool Party (122924), Soft Suede (115318), and Basic Black (121045) card stock
Accessories:  Petite Pennant Builder Punch (122361), Whisper White Stampin' Emboss Powder (109132), Heat Tool (129053), Whisper White Baker's Twine (123262)

No comments:

Post a Comment