Thursday, February 7, 2013

Friendly Phrases Pinwheel

I promise that I really hadn't planned on making yet another square card but when I sat down to make this it's just what happened.  Do you ever have an idea in your head, but when you sit down to create, you end up with something completely different?  That's exactly what happened with this card.  I was originally going to use a frog stamp on this, which is why I chose these colors.  But as got further and further along, I knew I was going to need to save the frog for another card.  What I did want to do is use my clear blocks as stamps, and at least that part worked!

I definitely found that the new foam ink pads work much better with this technique than the old felt pads.  And it's simple...just ink up the block, then press down (hard).  I loved how the mosaic pattern turned out, although I was surprised at how light Daffodil Delight turned out compared to how dark Pumpkin Pie did (both of those were the old felt pads.)  The Lucky Limeade blocks turned out exactly as I hoped.

I also had fun using some new items from the Spring Catalog...the Pinwheel Sizzlet and the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder.  I love them both!  And the best part...they are both such an inexpensive way to add some pizazz to any card!

Stamps:  Friendly Phrases (126149)
Ink:  Lucky Limeade (126984), Daffodil Delight (126944), and Pumpkin Pie (126945) Classic Ink
Paper:  Naturals White (102316),  Lucky Limeade (122926), and Daffodil Delight (119683) card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot (113439), Pinwheel Sizzlet (129411), Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder (129383), 119683 (119741), Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Clear Block A (118487), and Clear Block D (118485)

No comments:

Post a Comment