Friday, November 30, 2012

Snowy Hello

We've had snow here for most of the week, which is super unusual for us.  I've been determined not to get out the Christmas decorations until Dec. 1, but the snow and 24/7 Christmas music on pretty much every station is making it hard for me to wait.  I love Christmas, but I also love fall...I just don't see the need to rush out of one season and into the next.  But, I suppose that's exactly what I'm doing with this card, although maybe not?  I mean, there is snow on the ground here, and it's not technically a Christmas card.

This was my attempt at playing along with a Dynamic Duos challenge, but I was too late.  Can I just say that it is HARD to make a card with only two colors (plus neutrals, lest you question my math skills.)  I love the little Button Buddy snowman.  Instead of using buttons on him, I used Crystal Effects and sprinkled a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top.  It's very subtle...so subtle that it doesn't even show up in the picture!  I stamped him with Staz-On black ink, too, so that he wouldn't bleed when I added the Crystal Effects. I actually stamped once directly on to the Marina Mist card stock, then again on white, and punched out the snow balls to add to the blue piece.  It gives him a bit of dimension and adds interest to the card.

Stamps:  Button Buddies, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Snow Swirled
Ink:  White Craft ink, Marina Mist Classic ink, and Staz-On Black ink
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist, and Basic Black card stock
Accessories:  Snowburst embossing folder, Big Shot, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, circle punches:  1 3/4", 3/4", and 1/2", paper-piercing tool, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Bitty Banners Framelits, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment