Friday, October 2, 2009


I'm having trouble posting the September club projects, so until I can do that, I'll post some more of my losing projects.  These are the two 3D items I submitted.  It's a lousy photo, so in case you can't tell, it's a votive globe.  What you can't see is that the shape of those flowers has been punched out (think tin punch look) all over the vellum windows, and then stamped in white all over the plexiglass windows (that are in front of the vellum.)  It looks a lot better in person.  At least to me.  Not to the judges :) Although as I sit here looking at it, I can think of five million things I could do to improve it.  It's all about the layers, apparently, and this project is sorely missing them.  Some buttons in the middle of the flowers would be a great place to start.
I'm not going to list any of the ingredients for the globe.  They were all SAB items from last year that are no longer available.  Sorry.

See, here's the problem with posting these so long after the fact...half of the materials used on the frame are discontinued as well.  I stamped some of the butterflies with the Flight of the Butterfly set (which is still available and now has a coordinating punch!)  I cut the bigger one out with my Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies die.  The ribbon is white organdy and green grosgrain (both still available.) I sewed the big butterfly's trail with my sewing machine and white thread.  And since I only used one of my daughters in the photos, I used the other's middle name for this frame.  Mostly because I didn't have the right letters for her first name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment