Monday, September 8, 2014

More Bloom with Hope

Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi

Today I have two variations on the same card, both of which use the hostess set, Bloom with Hope.  I'm really having so much fun with this set.  It's so versatile, as it's great for water coloring, or coloring with markers or Blendabilities.  I think it would also be a great set to do a bleach technique. 

Both of these cards are essentially constructed the same way, but with a few differences, so I'll just point out some highlights.

  • The Wisteria Wonder ribbon on the top card started out as white satin ribbon.  I added a few drops of Wisteria Wonder ink to a spritzer full of alcohol, then just sprayed it on the ribbon to dye it.  
  • The flowers on the top card were colored using Classic Ink and Aqua Painters.
  • The flowers below were colored with Calypso Coral Blendabilites.
  • I did some paper piercing on the tag below.  I like how it adds interest to the tag.  I would have done it on the top card, but since I was quickly trying to demonstrate how to make this card, I left that step out.
Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Cantaloupe Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment