Friday, September 5, 2014

Hardwood Bloom with Hope

Yippee!  It's Friday!  I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the weekend.  I have a quick and easy card to show today that uses the Blendabilities markers.  They are so much fun to use, and I'm so surprised at how much I love them.  I shouldn't be surprised, though, because I end up loving just about everything that Stampin' Up! offers.

Tips & Tricks

  • I cut a strip of Daffodil Delight card stock, then cut it into a banner.  The easiest way to do that is to use your Paper Snips and cut about one inch up the center of the end.  Simply cut from each corner in to where the end of the first cut ends.  
  • Next, I inked up the Hardwood background stamp, then placed the piece of Soft Suede card stock on top.  I covered that with a piece of scrap paper and then used my brayer over it to "stamp".  It's so much easier to do it this upside-down way!
  • Finally, I colored the large poppy-type flower from Bloom with Hope.  I used my Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities for the petals, and Daffodil Delight for the center.  I did cut out the flower by hand...I don't do a lot of fussy cutting these days, but it was worth the effort for this flower.

Supplies

Stamps:  Bloom with Hope
Ink:  Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight Blendabilites
Paper:  Naturals White, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Brayer, Paper Snips, Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment