Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Blendabilities Butterflies

Have you tried the new Blendabilities yet?  It was quite out of character for me to get these markers as soon as they were released, but I'm so glad I did!  They are so much fun to color with.  The color goes on so smoothly, and it really is a piece of cake to get the colors to blend without that tell-tale line that our regular markers would leave.  Don't get me wrong, I still love those, but Blendabilities serve a different purpose, and I love having options when it comes to coloring!

One issue I did have, however, was that I don't have a lot of line art images.  It took some digging through my current stamp sets to find something that I could color.  I adore Papillion Potpourri, so I was more than happy to color in these lovely butterflies.  I like to start with the darker shade and blend to light, but you can choose to go from light to dark.  Check out the video below for more tips on coloring with Blendabilities.

 

Supplies
Stamps:  Papillion Potpourri, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, and Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Argyle Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment