Monday, June 16, 2014

Stampin' Up! Nuts About You


When I saw the new catalog, I absolutely fell in love with this adorable hostess set, Nuts About You.  It's so cute, and I can think of so many people that I'll make cards for with this set.  The tree is kind of funky and super-cute, as you can see in the picture.  This card shows a little 'possum hanging from one of the branches.  It's the only 'possum I've ever seen that's actually cute!

Tips & Tricks

  • Get our your paper snips, because this set doesn't have matching Framelits.  You'll need to do some fussy cutting if you want the tree to be cut out like this one.  With so many Framelits to choose from these days, it's easy to forget how we used to have to cut out everything! 
  • I stamped the tree on Naturals White card stock, and as you can see, it gives kind of a mottled look.  This is partly due to the fact that I used markers to color directly onto the rubber, and that tends to add to this look.  But it's also part to how porous this particular card stock is.  If you'd like a smoother, crisper image, stamp on Whisper White card stock.  I'll put an example of that up later on this week.
  • I popped the tree up using Stampin' Dimensionals...it makes it easier to hang the 'possum by his tail! 

Supplies

Stamps:  Nuts About You, Woodgrain (retired)
Ink:  Garden Green and Soft Suede Stampin' Around Markers, Early Espresso and Soft Suede ink pads
Paper:  Soft Suede and Naturals White card stock
Accessories:  Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment