Monday, June 9, 2014

Another Endless Birthday Wishes Card

Today my oldest daughter turns twelve.  Every year when birthdays roll around, I have a hard time believing my children are as old as they are.  I remember thinking this when she turned four, and now she's twelve.  I am confident this is a universal problem for parents everywhere, as my dad tells me he has a hard time believing that his oldest (that's me) is in her forties!  Anyway, today we celebrate our sweet girl, who has a heart of gold and that's as big as an ocean.  She's just an amazing kid and I hope it's the happiest of birthdays for her.  (And please don't remind me that on her next birthday she'll be a teenager!) 

I needed a purple card for my purple girl, and I thought she'd appreciate one that's a little different.  I made a simple shadow box card for her, and the only embellishment is the Strawberry Slush ribbon and the Dazzling Details I dabbed on top of the candles.  Unfortunately, it doesn't show up well in the picture, but it gives just a bit of sparkle.  I also cut out the cake and greeting with my Ovals Framelits, then mounted them in the center with Stampin' Dimensionals.  It's a little different, and adds some extra dimension to this card.  For directions on how to make a shadow box card, check out this one...I even used the same color scheme!

Supplies

Stamps:  Endless Birthday Wishes
Ink:  StazOn Jet Black, Wisteria Wonder, Smokey Slate, and Strawberry Slush
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Naturals White, and Strawberry Slush card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Ovals Framelits, Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffle Trim (I love this...why did they retire it?!?),  Dazzling Details, Stampin' Score scoring tool, Stampin' Dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment