Friday, June 6, 2014

Endless Birthday Wishes Banner Card


We're in full-on birthday mode at our house, so I thought I'd share yet another birthday card.  This one uses some brand new Designer Series Paper and makes great use of my Stampin' Write markers.

Tips & Tricks

  • To get the lowest banner to be that lovely Lost Lagoon color, I used my markers to just color the white ribbon.  It takes the ink so well, and I ended up with a piece of custom ribbon!  The ribbon adds a more interesting touch than just another piece of card stock would have, and as I've said a million times, I'm all about lots of texture on a card!
  • I also used my markers to color in the cake from the Endless Wishes Photopolymer stamp set.  I don't often use this technique, but I actually like it here. It adds a fun pop of color to this line art image.  I'm excited to try out Stampin' Up!'s new line of alcohol markers, Blendabilities.  While they are in the catalog, they aren't available quite yet.  But sit tight...it will only be a short wait of a few weeks.  This set lends itself perfectly to the Blendabilities, so I can't wait to get my hands on some to try out.

Supplies

Stamps:  Endless Birthday Wishes
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Hello Honey, and Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Hello Honey, and Whisper White card stock, Moonlight DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Decorative Frames and Decorative Dots embossing folders, Large Oval Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Paper Snips, 5/8" Whisper White Satin ribbon, buttons, Whisper White Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment