Monday, October 21, 2013

Oh, Hello!

This is one of the cards that I made to send to one of my college roommates for her 40th birthday.  I think she'll like it...at least I hope she does!  I think that Oh, Hello and Gorgeous Grunge are a match made in stamping heaven.  I love how these two sets work perfectly together.  I'm also in love with this year's In Colors, especially Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding.  And I am shocked by that last one.  There really aren't words to describe how much I hate mint green.  Remember Mint Medley?  Oh, how I hated that color.  I danced with joy when that retired.  I think it's because as a child, the walls in my dentist's office were that color, and I absolutely hated going there.  I had more things done to my mouth during my growing up years than any kid should have to endure.  Unfortunately, I think my oldest daughter is following in my footsteps.  It's much harder to watch your child go through that stuff than it ever was to endure it myself! 

Anyway, my dental issues seem to have influenced how I feel about mint green, so I think you can understand why I was so shocked to realize that I really do love Pistachio Pudding!  It's a more updated "mint" and not minty at all, which is probably why I like it. 

Tips & Tricks

  • Now that the novelty of the Simply Pressed Clay and Molds has worn off, I'm happy to report that I still use them all the time!  The embellishments they add to any card are so affordable, and I love that they can be customized to match any project.  The only negative is that you can only make three buttons or flowers at a time.  But did you know that if you stick the molds in the freezer for about 30 minutes (in a deep freeze...a fridge freezer may take a bit longer), the clay will (temporarily) harden long enough to pop out of the mold?  You can then set them aside to dry, and free up the mold for more clay.  
  • I always try to make extra buttons and flowers when I dye clay.  I keep the extras in old embellishment containers (you know, those round containers that buttons, brads and other items come in.)  It's a great way to reuse empty containers, and have beautiful embellishments ready for your next project!
Supplies

Stamps:  Oh, Hello and Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:   Sahara Sand, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar and Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Ovals Collection Framelits, Simply Pressed Clay and Molds, Whisper White Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment