Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Daydream Medallions Christmas Wreath Card

This past weekend was the first Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack of the year.  When I sat down to design cards for this event, I came to the sad realization that all but one of my Christmas stamp sets had retired.  I really didn't want to spend money on new Christmas sets when I have a shelf FULL of them, so I was determined to make use of what current sets I did have.

I loved Daydream Medallions when I first saw it, although haven't used it a lot, for some reason.  But it makes the most gorgeous wreath, and I think this may be my most favorite use for this set! 

Tips & Tricks

  • The Magnetic Platform is a must for cutting out these layers.  Used with the Floral Frames Framelits, the Magnetic Platform takes all the worry of shifting Framelits out of this project!  You can get yours here, or contact me to place an order.
  • When adhering the layers of the wreath to one another, be sure to put adhesive on the backs of the "petals" of the smaller layer.  You'll be punching out the center of the wreath once the layers are adhered to each other, so you want to ensure that they layers stick together!
  • Allow drying time for the Dazzling Details "berries" before placing the bow on...you don't want to get ribbon stuck in the wet glue!
  • For a more vintage look, sponge the Naturals Ivory strip with a bit of Crumb Cake ink
Supplies

Stamps:  Daydream Medallions, Petite Pairs, French Script (retired, but En Francais is a close match!)
Ink:  Crumb Cake and Always Artichoke Classic Ink
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Naturals Ivory card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, Pretty Print Embossing Folder, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details

No comments:

Post a Comment