Monday, October 14, 2013

Day of Gratitude Emboss Resist Card

Today is my 18th wedding anniversary, so I thought it would be fun to show the card I made for my husband.  I used the retired Day of Gratitude set, which is fitting, since I am filled with gratitude to be celebrating 18 happy years of marriage today!

I love this set, and thought it would be fun to try the emboss resist technique with it.  It turned out a bit more colorful than I was hoping...I think there are more fall colors on this card than I'm seeing on the trees this year.  I'm not sure what's going on around here, but where are all the pretty leaves?!

Tips & Tricks

  • Emboss resist is such an easy technique.  Simply stamp and emboss your image.  I used VersaMark on Very Vanilla card stock and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then dab a sponge on the ink pad of your chosen color, and kind of swirl it around on your card.  I used several colors and just randomly chose where to rub the sponge on the card.  I went back and filled in with Crumb Cake at the end, so be sure all the empty spaces were filled.
  • Sponges are super inexpensive, and even more so when you cut them into fourths.  I set aside 1/4 of a sponge for each color ink, then slide them in a tiny cellophane bag labeled with the color name.  I never have to worry about accidentally using the wrong sponge in my ink pads!
Supplies

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Day of Gratitude (retired)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake Classic Ink, VersaMark
Paper:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Simply Pressed Clay and Molds, Linen Thread, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment