Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stepped-Up Card {Sneak Peek}


Do you spy the new product on this card?  If you've been hoping for washi tape from Stampin' Up!, your wish is granted!  I'll confess that I'm a bit of a washi tape newbie, but it's tape...it's not like it's hard to use!  Several strips of tape, a ribbon, and a stamped image...voila!  A simple, easy, and fast card.  I love that you can stamp right on the washi tape!  Easy peasy. 

But then I decided that I wanted to step this card up a bit. I could have done this in a variety of ways...just another layer with a punched out sentiment would have been great.  I decided to add an extra layer, though, as well as a few other touches.  I used my paper-piercing pack to perfectly align the holes around each of the ovals, and decided to use two different color markers directly on the stamp to get a two-toned sentiment.  Just a few simple steps can jazz up any card...and remember that even one of these steps would have added just a bit more to the original card.  Don't feel like you have to go overboard!


Stamps:  Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit (click here to subscribe for only $19.95/month...you'll even get the "hey there friend" stamp!)
Ink:  Basic Gray ink pad (126981),  Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Around Markers (119702)
Paper:  Island Indigo (122923) and Naturals White (102316) card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot (113439), Ovals Collection Framelits (129381), Large Oval Punch (119855), Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape (129314) Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack (129387), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), and Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199)

No comments:

Post a Comment