Friday, May 17, 2013

{Retiring} Circle Circus

Ah, Circle Circus.  I'm sad to see this go.  I remember when it first came out...it actually made it's first appearance in the Australia/New Zealand catalog, and I remember being so excited to spot a new set in another country's catalog.  I had to wait a while to know if it would be in our catalog, and was thrilled when I found out it would!

I will confess that this is not a new card...I made it a loooong time ago.  It was the year that Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzleberry were the In Colors.  Up until that point, I had never purchased an entire set of In Colors...just two individual colors.  That's it.  Ever.  So I was excited to play with all these new colors, which is how this card came about.  Circle Circus may have been new that year as well.  I do seem to have a lot of Circle Circus cards in my stash that feature these colors. 

I love that the largest circle can be layered by stamping multiple times and using different punches.  And I'm sad that this set is retiring...it's one of those sets that is not event-specific, so it can be used for any kind of card.  The scalloped edge on that big circle gives this one a feminine touch, but take that away, and this card becomes more masculine.  Such a great set!  You still have time to get it...just let me know by June 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment