Saturday, May 4, 2013

Old and New

This card has a combination of old and new products on it.  Since we'll soon be saying farewell to Riding Hood Red, I decided now was as good as anytime to break out some old Designer Series Paper. I've told myself that I will not be allowed to purchase any new DSP until I use up some of what I have.  I tend to hang onto my favorites and never use them, which is just plain silly.  I can enjoy it a lot more on a project than I can when it's hiding on a shelf!

So the DSP is the old...have you spotted the new?  If you noticed the flower, you're correct!  That lovely embellishment was created using two brand new products that will be in the 2013-2014 Annual Catalog, which comes out on June 1.  The first product is a squishy clay, similar to Crayola Model Magic, which can be dyed using our reinkers.  A word of warning, folks...I've seen multiple people post online to wear gloves when dying the clay.  The directions AND the catalog give the same advice.  But did I heed it?  Of course not.  I don't have gloves in my house, and there was no way I was going to wait to try this out.  Um, yeah, I've had red fingers for three days.  It does wash off, but it's still under my fingernails.  So when you get this fun new product, be sure to don some gloves before you play!
I tried to get a close up of the flower, which is made by pressing the clay into a little mold.  Two molds come together, and there is one with three different sized flowers, and another with three different sized buttons.  It is SO EASY to use, and so fun!  They take about 24 hours to dry, so I let it sit out overnight, and the next day spritzed it with some shimmer mist to give it a little bit of sparkle and shine.  This isn't the greatest picture of it, but you can see some of the sparkles on the flower.

Stamps:  Just Thinking (129940)
Ink:  Riding Hood Red (119701) and Close to Cocoa (retired) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper:  Riding Hood Red (111348), Very Vanilla (101650), and Close to Cocoa card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), Window Frames Collection Framelits (129021), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), 5/8" Crochet Trim (118481)

No comments:

Post a Comment