Thursday, March 7, 2013

TIme to Re-Ink

 I don't have a card to show you today.  Why, you ask?  Because I spent my stamping time last night doing something far more exciting and fascinating than creating.  Ahem.  Yeah, I re-inked my ink pads.  Thrilling, I know.  But you know, sometimes it just needs to be done.  I noticed a few of my ink pads were getting a little dry, so I figured I might as well re-ink them all at the same time.  I do not recommend this method.  My fingers started to hurt from squeezing so many bottles!
While this is a bit of a boring (and painful) job, it is necessary.  For years (YEARS) I just made do with my drying out ink pads.  And honestly, they really did last for a long, long time.  But I waited just a tad too long.  I finally caved and bought all the color families of refill bottles.  What was I waiting for?  The images look SO MUCH better when using a properly inked pad.  So if your stamped images aren't quite a crisp as they used to be, it's probably time for a refill.  I know that bottles of ink definitely aren't nearly as fun to order as new stamps, but they will make all the difference in the world and are worth every cent.  And if you're really wanting to save, buy them as a color collection.  You can save about $5 buying them that way vs. buying each color individually.  And now's the time to do it, because purchasing two color collections of ink refills makes an order big enough to qualify for one FREE Sale-a-Bration item.  Which makes a boring order way more fun.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment