Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beautiful Wings

This weekend I held a class and ended up with lots of scraps.  Most of these were from the retired Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (which is still in the Clearance Rack, if you need to get some!)  I also had lots of Pool Party and Calypso Coral scraps, and when I saw the two colors sitting together with the Very Vanilla, I LOVED the color combination.  I have to admit that I'm really late to the Pool Party party.  I'm just now realizing how much I love this color, along with the other 2011-2013 In Colors.  I'm going to be so sad to see them go when the new Annual Catalog comes out in June.  Hopefully there will be five gorgeous new colors that will make me forget all about the ones we're losing.

Anyway, back to the card...with the exception of the card base, everything else was a scrap of some sort.  I'm pretty thrifty, so I love it when I can pull together a card like that!  I stamped and clear embossed the large piece of Calypso Coral using that same old stamp that looks like En Francais.  A strip of Everyday Enchantment DSP and some of last year's SAB ribbon along the bottom, with a few butterflies at the top make this a beautiful, yet simple card.  I've actually already mailed it to someone...I hope it makes her day a little bit happier when she gets it today. :)

Stamps:  En Francias (109521)
Ink:  VersaMark (102283)
Paper:  Naturals Ivory (101849), Calypso Coral (122925), Pool Party (122924), and Very Vanilla (101650) card stock, Everyday Enchantment DSP (126154)
Accessories:  Big Shot (113439), Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138), Heat Tool (129053), Clear Embossing Powder (109130)

No comments:

Post a Comment