Monday, September 10, 2012

Simple Snail

I feel like apologies are needed for so many reasons...I meant to post this on Friday, but we were scurrying around packing to leave to go to my cousin's wedding.  We were two hours into the trip when I realized that I hadn't posted it.  That was also around the time when my daughter announced that she had not packed shoes to wear to the wedding.  I got to make a trip to the mall on Saturday morning to find some sandals for her.  The good news about that was that we did find a pair, and they were 50% off the clearance price! Hooray for good deals!  And, I should add, the wedding was lovely.  He was the last of all my cousins to get married, and I'm so happy for them! 

My other apology is for the photography.  There is a really cool element on this card, and the poor photography really doesn't show it off.  This little snail is from the Button Buddies set.  I love how each image works well alone, but looks even better with a button on top.  But what do you do if you don't have the right colored button?  This was the question I was asking myself, because there are no Tangerine Tango buttons.  The simple solution is Crystal Effects.  I simply stamped onto a piece of Tangerine Tango, punched out the shell part of the snail using the 3/4" circle punch, then used Crystal Effects on top.  The CE takes awhile to dry, so be sure to do that first, and be prepared to set it aside for a while and go fold some laundry.  Or, if you are lucky enough not to have clothes waiting in your dryer, you can just make more cards while you wait. :)

While it might be tempting to do the Crystal Effects first, but it's important to do that after punching.  Once dry, the CE will make it difficult, if not impossible to fit the card stock into the punch.  Also, don't run your dry CE through your Big Shot unless you want it to be flattened.  Just ask me how I know. :)

Stamps: Button Buddies
Ink:  Tangerine Tango Classic Ink
Paper:  Floral District DSP, Naturals White, Tangerine Tango, and Lucky Limeade card stock
Accessories:  Labels Framelits Collection, Paper Piercing Tool, Pack and Mat, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Stripes Embossing Folder, Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment