Monday, September 24, 2012

SAS Christmas Ornaments

I've had fun playing with the Ornament Keepsakes set from the Holiday catalog.  I'm not really a vintage kind of girl, but I know it's a very popular look right now, and I've slowly been forcing myself to move out of my comfort zone and make some vintage cards.  I was really happy with how this card came out, especially since it combines my normal preference of bold images with a vintage-y look.
I loved how this card turned out!  The ribbon, the shimmer paint, the Core'dinations card stock, the pearls...all so pretty.  I especially loved the little tags.  But it was kind of a lot, especially for a Stamp-a-Stack.  It's one thing to make one of these, but to have several people making five?  I knew it would end up taking all afternoon just to do this one card.  So I sat down and tried to rework it, and I ended up loving the new card even more!  Many of the elements are the same, such as the shimmer paint that's covering the ornament and most of the card surface.  The ribbon and linen thread are still there, just altered a bit.  And I love the addition of a bigger piece of Crumb Cake card stock.

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, Christmas Greetings (retired)
Ink: VersaMark, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and Crumb Cake card stock
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, sponge, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Pearls, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Big Shot, Champagne Mist shimmer paint, sponge dauber



No comments:

Post a Comment