Thursday, September 27, 2012

Side Step Card

This is a card I made last year, and even though the DSP is retired, it was too beautiful a card not to show.  I hope that doesn't sound arrogant...I was just really, really pleased with how this card turned out.  I love the Gently Falling stamp set.  I pretty much love any set that has leaves in it, but this one is unlike any other leaf set I own (and I own a lot of them!)  After stamping the leaves, I used some shimmer paint on them, and a really cool thing happened.  I wasn't expecting it, but the leaves sort of curled up on the edges.  That might normally upset me, but on this card, it adds a more realistic look to the leaves, and they are just beautiful.  I sponged the edges of all the paper, including the Crumb Cake card stock that's behind the DSP.  In fact, I did such a thorough job of sponging the edges that you can't even tell the Crumb Cake is there!

This isn't the greatest shot, but I wanted to show you what the inside looks like.  When making a card like this, there is a lot of space on the side that you can't really use to write on, because of all the score lines.  Well, I guess you could, but I would find that kind of annoying! :)  So I stamped three leaves long that side to fill the space and added the sentiment.

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Four Frames
Ink:  Soft Suede, More Mustard, Old Olive, Baja Breeze
Paper:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze card stock
Accessories:  Decorative Label Punch, Linen Thread, Pearls, Frost White Shimmer Paint, sponge, sponge dauber 

No comments:

Post a Comment