Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wedding Card

Yesterday was my niece's wedding.  She was the flower girl at our wedding and it's a little hard to believe that she's now married.  I decided to use a few of the things in that box that came on Thursday to make a wedding card and matching envelope for Rachel and Peter.
I used leftover DSP from last year's mini catalog to make the envelope, then tied some kraft taffeta ribbon about it.  The card was folded into three sections, then tied on the outside with more of the same ribbon.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but the inside flap of the card had a scalloped edge, which I did using the new Scallop Trim Border punch (that I got for free...it's a SAB selection!)  For the front of the card, I used confetti white card stock and ran it through my Big Shot with the Elegant Bouquet impressions folder.  I used a sponge dauber to dab Stampin' Pastels on the raised flowers to make them pop a bit.  The colors are Ruby Red, Cameo Coral and Old Olive.  The little label at the top is from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware.  I stamped the little flowers inside with my new clear-mount set called Tiny Tags (in the Occasions Mini catalog.)  I used VersaMark to stamp the flowers and "Mr. & Mrs." then used the same color pastels as I had used on the flowers.

I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, especially since I waited until the day before to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment