Monday, January 4, 2010

The Last of the Loser Projects

It's ridiculous that I've neglected this poor blog for two months, but even worse that I STILL haven't posted all of my non-award winning projects.  So, this is it...the last two cards.  It may have been a long wait, but I did save the best for last.  I honestly can't decide which I like better.

The first one is a diorama card.  I actually won a contest last year making a similar card, and the folks at SU! told me they love diorama cards.  I figured that this would be a good bet :)  It's kind of hard to see, but I dry embossed the top layer, then stamped the middle layer with a stamp that matched the embossing plate.  The pearls are from the Pretties Kit.  I love this card.  How did I not win this contest!? :)

And I love this one, too.  If these colors don't scream April, then I don't know what would.  This card is just so me.  That's a coke can that I dry embossed, then pierced holes into with my paper piercing tool.  I attached some buttons from Button Latte with the Linen Thread.  I used the same thread to wrap around the large flower piece below.  I meticulously colored each of those flowers by using the Stampin' Write markers right on the rubber of the stamp.  I'm sad that this card is somewhere in Utah instead of here in my possession.  These two were hard to part with.  
 
Now, my lack of artistry may very well have been the reason that I didn't win this contest.  But I found out today that there is a very good chance that I was disqualified based on some silly rule that I thought I had clarified with the powers that be.  So I think I'll just tell myself that THAT was the reason I didn't get a pile of cash and a $500 SU! shopping spree.  I'm not entering this year.  Preparing for this contest took a lot out of me, and when I wasn't even named as a finalist, I was pretty disappointed.  Stamping for other people has taken some of the fun out of stamping for me, so I decided not to enter this year.  But maybe I'll give it another try again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment