Monday, January 4, 2010

Advent Calendar

I know, it's after Christmas, but I wanted to show you all a unique Advent calendar that I made for my sister-in-law for Christmas.  Each year we exchange handmade gifts with one another, and as soon as I saw this, I knew it was what I wanted to make for her.  I CASEd it from Tracie Hudson at this site.  But of course, I had to put my own spin on it.
I chose some leftover Christmas paper from last year, then used Ruby Red for the drawers.  There are 24 drawers, but they don't contain the candy that you would imagine (although I would highly recommend adding chocolate!)  Inside each drawer is a little card containing a passage of scripture to read.  I chose Bible verses that followed the Jesse Tree our family did this year.  So each day next December, my lovely SIL will read a different passage that traces the lineage of Jesus all the way from Jesse.


This was a very fun gift to make, and not nearly as complicated as I first thought it would be.  The drawers are all made with the Matchbox die and my Big Shot.  Everything was stuck together using Sticky Strip.  That stuff is great, although I did use quite a bit of it on this project.  Hopefully my SIL enjoys this gift as much as I'm hoping she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment